Skip to main content

FOOLS GOLD

 



"Fool's gold" is a common nickname for pyrite. Pyrite received that nickname because it is worth virtually nothing, but has an appearance that "fools" people into believing that it is gold."

How could so many be fooled by so few? The nation wanted to change, it always does after 8 years of the same administration. 

Trump came along in 2016 offering wealth and prosperity, some people listened and bought the pyrite.

It was never fake news, it was always fake gold.

The tax cut side-stepped the middle class and enriched the one-percenters and corporate America. The trade deals were mired in obfuscation and deceit at the expense of our farmers. Immigration policy was driven by headlines, campaign promises, and border walls, political fodder that ignored human tragedy.

The election wasn't fraudulent, Trump is the fraud, and this time 80 million voters weren't fooled.

The end doesn't justify the means, we need quality and value on both ends of that equation, Joe Biden will deliver both.

Delaying this transition process is an act of personal revenge being perpetrated by a man who suffers from a serious psychosis.   A man who took this job as a last-ditch effort to make Himself Great Again not America. 

We need the transition process and we need it now, if for no other reason than to be ready to distribute millions of doses of vaccine to a nation losing one American every minute to COVID.

We haven't been fooled this time, we went for the gold, not the pyrite!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SILENCE IS APPROVAL~Jewish Meme

How often do we learn something awful, clam up, and ignore it, hoping it will go away.  It never does, it just gets worse and our silence becomes its enabler.  Life is like that, we don't want to get involved. We have enough to worry about and ignorance, after all, is bliss. Wrong, ignorance is acceptance. The easy analogy is governance. We sit in a management meeting or a board of directors where we become aware of something nefarious and keep silent for fear of being disloyal.  To speak up takes courage and courage has consequences. When a whistleblower comes forward they are vilified, they become the victim of power and power corrupts. We've seen this in Washington for years, management teams being selected for their weakness rather than their strength. Weakness breeds indecision and silence, strength breeds courage. A new administration always starts with a ray of hope that the management team, aka the cabinet, will be outspoken and advise and consent with courage, not sile

AROUND THE WORLD IN 23 YEARS~AZERBAIJAN

Sheki, Azerbaijan  This trip was a study in contrasts, the glamour, and luxury of the capital Baku and its Caspian Sea oil deposits and the third world poverty of its rural countryside and medieval agriculture. I was there to improve the latter, but what I found was surprising. In the end, it's not about oil or vegetables, it's about the human spirit. I took this photo of a 5th generation farmer and his 7th generation grandson after his wife had served us a modest lunch of homegrown vegetables and pork, the meat sliced razor-thin to stretch their budget after entertaining western visitors. I've never had a better meal, before or since.   Forget Baku and their moguls, the real Azeri's live on the farms, that's where I discovered how wonderful life can be, fewer conveniences and more love. This man was the perfect host, he offered us what he had, no shyness, no apologies just knowing that what he had would be more than enough. My life in the developing world changed m

IT MUST BE SUNDAY

" Life is like a river, if you cannot let go of the past, it will drag you down the stream.” ―Amit Ray I've Been Thinking... A few months ago, I was talking to a friend of mine about life when he said to me: “Maria, if you want something new, you are going to have to first get rid of the old. It’s the only way to make room.” Damn, I thought. Ain’t that the truth? One of my big New Year’s resolutions for 2020 was to clear out the old in every area of my life. I had made a promise to myself that this would be the year I would take a hard look at how I was living my life: my beliefs, my attachments, and all my stuff. I started sorting through things from my office, things from my time as First Lady of California, things from my parents, things from my kids (do yourself a favor and do not save all of your kids’ school things like I did), and so many other things that had found their way into storage when life got the best of me. In fact, I was already in the thick of shredding, di