Skip to main content

HE WON~WHY?


I read the news, I heard the news, I couldn't believe the news.

Joe Biden, Barack O'Bama's Vice President, the Senator from Delaware, the Scranton kid from PA, the politico with 40 years of experience, the guy with friends in Congress, lots of friends, friends on both sides of the aisle, the guy who never gives up, never stops trying, never deserts his friends, that's why he has so many. The guy who never fails to take responsibility for his mistakes or fails to give credit for his successes. The guy who believes in science,  respects the medical profession, and knows that climate change is threatening the planet. The guy who knows that without defeating COVID-19 we'll never rebuild a robust economy. The guy who married a Ph.D. educator who is dedicated to both, his career and her own.

Yep, that Joe Biden, the one who has been elected President of the United States with the largest and most diverse plurality in history, over seventy-four million Americans voted for this man, four million more than his opponent.

Why? 

Because Joe Biden knows how to get things done in Washington because Joe Biden is a professional politician who appreciates the title and doesn't denigrate it. Because he knows that a Democracy is a messy business that requires compromise, patience, and an open mind to points of view not exclusively his own.

Because like a marriage counselor's advice, he knows that the first rule of wedded bliss is to "listen" and appreciate that your partner is at least as passionate in their beliefs as you are.

Americans are exhausted, depressed, frightened, and confused. They want to believe their leaders but for four years they have been misled and misinformed.

Those seventy-four million Americans voted for Joe because they lost faith in their President, lost faith in his leadership, and lost faith in his credibility. Joe was the perfect antidote to cure their misery and move this country back to the middle ground where it belongs. 

God Bless and Guide Joe Biden, God Bless America.

Deo Volente

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SILENCE IS APPROVAL~Jewish Meme

How often do we learn something awful, clam up, and ignore it, hoping it will go away.  It never does, it just gets worse and our silence becomes its enabler.  Life is like that, we don't want to get involved. We have enough to worry about and ignorance, after all, is bliss. Wrong, ignorance is acceptance. The easy analogy is governance. We sit in a management meeting or a board of directors where we become aware of something nefarious and keep silent for fear of being disloyal.  To speak up takes courage and courage has consequences. When a whistleblower comes forward they are vilified, they become the victim of power and power corrupts. We've seen this in Washington for years, management teams being selected for their weakness rather than their strength. Weakness breeds indecision and silence, strength breeds courage. A new administration always starts with a ray of hope that the management team, aka the cabinet, will be outspoken and advise and consent with courage, not sile

AROUND THE WORLD IN 23 YEARS~AZERBAIJAN

Sheki, Azerbaijan  This trip was a study in contrasts, the glamour, and luxury of the capital Baku and its Caspian Sea oil deposits and the third world poverty of its rural countryside and medieval agriculture. I was there to improve the latter, but what I found was surprising. In the end, it's not about oil or vegetables, it's about the human spirit. I took this photo of a 5th generation farmer and his 7th generation grandson after his wife had served us a modest lunch of homegrown vegetables and pork, the meat sliced razor-thin to stretch their budget after entertaining western visitors. I've never had a better meal, before or since.   Forget Baku and their moguls, the real Azeri's live on the farms, that's where I discovered how wonderful life can be, fewer conveniences and more love. This man was the perfect host, he offered us what he had, no shyness, no apologies just knowing that what he had would be more than enough. My life in the developing world changed m

IT MUST BE SUNDAY

" Life is like a river, if you cannot let go of the past, it will drag you down the stream.” ―Amit Ray I've Been Thinking... A few months ago, I was talking to a friend of mine about life when he said to me: “Maria, if you want something new, you are going to have to first get rid of the old. It’s the only way to make room.” Damn, I thought. Ain’t that the truth? One of my big New Year’s resolutions for 2020 was to clear out the old in every area of my life. I had made a promise to myself that this would be the year I would take a hard look at how I was living my life: my beliefs, my attachments, and all my stuff. I started sorting through things from my office, things from my time as First Lady of California, things from my parents, things from my kids (do yourself a favor and do not save all of your kids’ school things like I did), and so many other things that had found their way into storage when life got the best of me. In fact, I was already in the thick of shredding, di